HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS, which is now in beta. ocPortal 9 will be superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

Using ocPortal v2.61

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:
#15864 (In Topic #3760)

Well-settled

Hey there!
How can I delete all languages but one ? I first wanted to translate the portal into German (but realized someone is already doing that, so I asked to help) but will wait with that !
Now is the problem that when I am trying to edit the templates I always have to choose the language of the template that I want to edit! This is kinda disturbing ! Any chance to delete all language packs except one ?

-Aaron / PoliticalVoice

"Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps." - Emo Phillips

"Really don't mind if you sit this one out. My word's but a whisper, your deafness a SHOUT. I may make you feel, but I can't make you think." - From the album Thick as a Brick by Jethro Tull (written by Ian Anderson)
Back to the top

Posted
Item has a rating of 1  
Rating:

Non-joined user

This is "pick up on google referring via search word highlighting" in index.php?page=topicview&id=1328

Because content is cached as HTML/tempcode it just would not be feasible to do it.

Last edit: by Chris Graham
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

I tried to change the settings within the .exe but they do not save.  when you close the little box it reverts to the defaults.

:D  Dont shoot the messenger!!  :D

How many of you believe in telekinesis? Raise my hand.

Chris Graham said

I guess a warning in your line of work tends tomean 'run for cover'. Fortunately it's not so severe when it comes to computers ;).
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Yes. If you download the manual installer to your computer, and just upload the install.php file from it, running that install.php should work.

Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Non-joined user

fixed
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

After submitting "Site Config":

Code

WARNING [2] Illegal offset type

Below is a stack-trace revealing the state ocPortal was in when the error occured. If this problem represents a bug in ocProduct's unmodified software, please post a full bug report and include this stack-trace. You may wish to censor some of the the dump as it might contain sensitive information about your input or website. Please note that merely posting a stack trace is not sufficient for us to solve your problem; the stack trace is just an aid that presents us with additional information. We still need to know the error message, the human situation, version numbers, and any other appropriate information.
We apologise for this problem and hope you will work with us so that we can fix it promptly.
File    'C:\\www\\OCF\\sources\\forum\\ocf.php'
Line    '732'
Function    'member_group_query'

File    'C:\\www\\OCF\\admincentre\\pages\\modules\\admin_config.php'
Line    '286'
Function    'member_group_query'
Class    'forum_driver_ocf'
Type    '->'

File    'C:\\www\\OCF\\admincentre\\pages\\modules\\admin_config.php'
Line    '180'
Function    'config_set'
Class    'module_admin_config'
Type    '->'

File    'C:\\www\\OCF\\sources\\zones.php'
Line    '300'
Function    'run'
Class    'module_admin_config'
Type    '->'

File    'C:\\www\\OCF\\sources\\site.php'
Line    '408'
Function    'load_module_page'

File    'C:\\www\\OCF\\sources\\site.php'
Line    '275'
Function    'request_page'

File    'C:\\www\\OCF\\admincentre\\index.php'
Line    '42'
Function    'do_site'

A system e-mail could not be sent. This is a critical error, so please contact the staff.

Settings are not saved

-Aaron / PoliticalVoice

"Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps." - Emo Phillips

"Really don't mind if you sit this one out. My word's but a whisper, your deafness a SHOUT. I may make you feel, but I can't make you think." - From the album Thick as a Brick by Jethro Tull (written by Ian Anderson)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Yes.

Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, I don't use this feature and am unsure how it works or what its supposed to look like…

I got this error when I viewed xhtml on my points page:

Code

/membersonly/index.php?page=points&type=member&id=2

Sadly, the bug report is extremley long (1,011 lines :eek: ) so I added it to a txt file and uploaded it in this post. If this validation thing isn't a bug, please let me know so I can make a note of it.. I don't keep posting fake bug reports :o

Attachment
» Download: xhtmlvalidation.txt (31 Kb, 1 download so far)

-Aaron / PoliticalVoice

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

The topic located in 'Ten Forward' called 'Word Game II' , when I click on the 'go to last unread post' button it brings me to page 37 instead of the last post. Page 37 seems to only display my post (first post on page) until I clear my cache with ctrl-reload.

Oddly, after clearing my cache, I get to the real last post. However, if I try to click on the "go to" button after someone else made a reply, I get the same issue, stuck on page 37.

Also, it appears like the "goto page" […] button doesn't go higher than 37 while this bug is occuring  :dry:

:D  Dont shoot the messenger!!  :D

How many of you believe in telekinesis? Raise my hand.

Chris Graham said

I guess a warning in your line of work tends tomean 'run for cover'. Fortunately it's not so severe when it comes to computers ;).
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

I had a load of XHTML validation errors (please turn your validator on Rida, as I need these reported), but I didn't have a problem with the 'view this' link. Perhaps it is related to validation, so I will investigate that next.

The Last Outpost - Entertainment news, reviews, previews & interviews. No holds barred - big boys' language in use!

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

I think this has made me devolve back into a prehistoric thingy. Like Ozymandias: King of Kings.

Attachment

-Aaron / PoliticalVoice

Back to the top

1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: