HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS, which is now in beta. ocPortal 9 will be superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

Upgrade issues - 3.1.1

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:
#28678 (In Topic #6582)

Issues with upgrading to 3.1.1 are included below.

Version 3.1.1 can be be upgraded from Version 3.1, but not from earlier 3.0.x releases.

Version 3.1.1 introduces a number of improvements that greatly improve the WYSIWYG editor experience. These improvements involved changes to two template files:
  • PAGE_TITLE
  • JAVASCRIPT_EDITING.tpl
If these files have been changed for a custom theme, then it is advisable that they are recreated from the new originals. In particular, titles will no longer display in the ocPortal-style if the files are not updated.

Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Is version 3.1.1 available? Or am I being too quick off the mark?

Take my advice. I'm not using it!

View my working ocPortal site (version 9.x.x) at Anglo-Indian Portal
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

:sinner: Belay that last post. I see that 3.1.1 has been made available - probably about the time I was typing the last message . . .

:sinner:

Take my advice. I'm not using it!

View my working ocPortal site (version 9.x.x) at Anglo-Indian Portal
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

well thats an interesting update.
followed all the onscreen instructions to the word and all went well with no errors.
this included deleting all the orphaned files in the list.

opened site and first thing was the logo was missing and the theme had changed.
next the pages I had set up for my zones are gone… so the links from the menu produce errors saying the pages are missing.
things like …..A page ('userguide_comcode') was referenced that does not exist….. The requested page ('guestbook') is missing.

In admin edit mode I can see where they are pointing but the pages no longer exist, so probably were deleted by ticking all the orphaned boxes?

any suggestions apart from restoring?
cheers

warning to others, maybe keep the orphaned files for a bit ;-)

Last edit: by clunky
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

I'm sorry about this. Those files were unfortunately custom ones, and the tool got confused because it did not recognise them. The tool has now been updated to be more intelligent (I have rereleased the upgrade). I do hope you took a backup of the install before performing this upgrade. We strongly recommend that this be done unless only basic patch upgrading is done (the orphan file process is not needed for a patch upgrade).

Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

Hi Chris its not an issue for me, the more practice I can get with this the better, its just it may help you or others ;-)

I am curently doing a reinstall from scratch as my backups were pre changes I made and would have been useless anyway..

Where is the released patch? or is it the dl available now on the main site?

Cheers

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

It's the main download as before, yes – I just reattached the file.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

thanks for that, is there a way of bypassing the ftp for the quick set up, I want to set it up locally here, I haven't got ftp configured locally I dont think, using easyphp1.8 btw

:-)

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

I'm afraid not. But to be honest, now that the patches are for a version only one release old, it's should be pretty easy to upload the files manually. This is the main reason we've started doing it, as the 'patches' were getting almost as large as the manual installation package!

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

have you added the auto next page in the quick installer as that would be very handy and helpful to a lot of people who are used to that. I know normally it is only a few clicks but having it do it on its own would speed things up.

I run http://otakuplayground.com and am hopping to make themes and other things for ocportal even though I no longer use it for otakuplayground.com I still love it and feel it could go far with the right help. It needs themes and needs people to advertise for it.
Back to the top

1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: