HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium ( Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS, which is now in beta. ocPortal 9 will be superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

(SOLVED)981: SWFObject is not defined

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
#60487 (In Topic #13133)

Hi, I have this little problem. Tryng to insert in a page a javascript interactive map, when i see the previw is all right, but when I save it dont display the map and just sen me this error:
981: SWFObject is not defined
any help please?

this is the code that is inside 2 tags semihtml . Is correct to put it in this way?
<!– saved from url=(0013)about:internet –>
<!– ammap script–>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ammap/swfobject.js"></script>
<div id="flashcontent">
<strong>You need to upgrade your Flash Player</strong>

<script type="text/javascript">
// <![CDATA[
var so = new SWFObject("ammap/ammap.swf", "ammap", "900", "600", "8", "#444444");
so.addVariable("path", "ammap/");
so.addVariable("settings_file", escape("ammap/ammap_settings.xml")); // you can set two or more different settings files here (separated by commas)
so.addVariable("data_file", escape("ammap/ammap_data.xml"));
// so.addVariable("map_data", "<map …>…</map>"); // you can pass map data as a string directly from this file
// so.addVariable("map_settings", "<settings>…</settings>"); // you can pass map settings as a string directly from this file
// so.addVariable("additional_map_settings", "<settings>…</settings>"); // you can append some map settings to the loaded ones
// so.addVariable("loading_settings", "LOADING SETTINGS"); // you can set custom "loading settings" text here
// so.addVariable("loading_data", "LOADING DATA"); // you can set custom "loading data" text here
// so.addVariable("preloader_color", "#999999"); // you can set preloader bar and text color here

// ]]>
<!– end of ammap script –></script>

OK, i solved it, just eas an error in the root, it need an absolute root, and i dont understand why dont if i use the swfobject in a folder ot dont work… but anyway… i was luky!

Last edit: by roypitt
Back to the top
1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: