HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS, which is now in beta. ocPortal 9 will be superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

(SOLVED)981: SWFObject is not defined

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:
#60487 (In Topic #13133)

Well-settled

Hi, I have this little problem. Tryng to insert in a page a javascript interactive map, when i see the previw is all right, but when I save it dont display the map and just sen me this error:
981: SWFObject is not defined
any help please?

this is the code that is inside 2 tags semihtml . Is correct to put it in this way?
<!– saved from url=(0013)about:internet –>
<!– ammap script–>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ammap/swfobject.js"></script>
<div id="flashcontent">
<strong>You need to upgrade your Flash Player</strong>
</div>

<script type="text/javascript">
// <![CDATA[
var so = new SWFObject("ammap/ammap.swf", "ammap", "900", "600", "8", "#444444");
so.addVariable("path", "ammap/");
so.addVariable("settings_file", escape("ammap/ammap_settings.xml")); // you can set two or more different settings files here (separated by commas)
so.addVariable("data_file", escape("ammap/ammap_data.xml"));
// so.addVariable("map_data", "<map …>…</map>"); // you can pass map data as a string directly from this file
// so.addVariable("map_settings", "<settings>…</settings>"); // you can pass map settings as a string directly from this file
// so.addVariable("additional_map_settings", "<settings>…</settings>"); // you can append some map settings to the loaded ones
// so.addVariable("loading_settings", "LOADING SETTINGS"); // you can set custom "loading settings" text here
// so.addVariable("loading_data", "LOADING DATA"); // you can set custom "loading data" text here
// so.addVariable("preloader_color", "#999999"); // you can set preloader bar and text color here

so.write("flashcontent");
// ]]>
</script>
<!– end of ammap script –></script>

OK, i solved it, just eas an error in the root, it need an absolute root, and i dont understand why dont if i use the swfobject in a folder ot dont work… but anyway… i was luky!

Last edit: by roypitt
Back to the top

There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: