We have located an ideal web host for hosting ocPortal websites, Elief
Elief not only meets all our hosting requirements and security best practices, it is a hosting platform that provides superior stability and performance.
Here's what we like the most:
- A high-performance web server, Lightspeed – faster than the normal Apache/IIS web servers, compatible with ocPortal.
- A PHP environment tuned for performance (preloaded opcode cacheing/optimisation extensions).
- A secure PHP environment – excellent security settings that will prevent other users on the server accessing your files. No need for chmodding!
- Ideal PHP settings, with everything ocPortal recommends (including XML which some web hosts do not have).
- Great quality hardware.
- RAID and nightly backups.
All for a competitive price.
They do have ocPortal available from their hosting control panel via Installatron. This is currently version 3 though so for now I'd suggest anybody install ocPortal via our quick installer.
is our hosting partner:
- it is almost guaranteed that ocPortal will always function on their servers
- the Elief support staff are familiar with our software
I should note that we do
get paid for referrals to Elief but we have thoroughly reviewed their service and are thoroughly impressed with every aspect of it. We could have set up a hosting affiliate years ago to make quick money, but chose to wait to partner with a host we truly believe in, built on a solid co-operative relationship.
You can find hosts cheaper than Elief but be very wary. Most companies competing on price may appear to be good if you compare features/limits but fail in the most important area – quality of service. ocPortal is progressive software, and the price squeezed service we have seen from cheap web hosts are only suitable for those with very basic needs.
Was I helpful?
- If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
- If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
- If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
- If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.