HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS, which is now in beta. ocPortal 9 will be superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

Possible Bug 3.2.0

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:
#32390 (In Topic #7355)

Community saint

Comcode editing

I don't know if it just me or something in my settings, but I have checked my browser (Firefox).

On the 'edit page' screen, I no longer have the buttons to add blocks, html etc, no the link to enable/disable wysiwyg. Nor do the option buttons appear in my forums.

When I try to edit thru the 'zone editor' I get this:

Error Message said

Unfortunately you do not have Javascript support enabled in your web browser, which means this advanced editor can not function. You are now being redirected to a a screen where you can use the more basic (but not limiting) zone management forms.

This action has completed. Go to your follow-up/prior location now.

I haven't changed any Java setting since upgrading, it is completely activated in my browser options. Any ideas anyone?

Edit said

As a point of interest, I CAN see all those buttons here in these forums…

Last edit: by Reggie

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

This seems to be a 'spurious' error message that is cropping up after the release of 3.2.0.

One of my users has emailed me with something similar (not the same circumstance) that has occurred to her when trying to access 'Chat'. No changes made to her settings; refreshing doesn't do anything for her, either!

My user said

Javascript support is needed in your web browser to do this. If you are visiting this page by a direct link, try refreshing, as we need one page reload to detect if Javascript is present. If you have Javascript (or cookies) disabled in your web browser, you may wish to enable them to view this page; few pages on this site require them - and there are always alternatives - but interface usability is greatly enhanced when they are enabled. If you do not have Javascript in your browser because you have a disability, you should be able to still achieve what you need through other site features: if this is not the case, please contact the site staff.

I have advised her to clear her browser cache, but this is an irritation for a user, especially if they are careful about which cookies they need to keep, etc.

Take my advice. I'm not using it!

View my working ocPortal site (version 9.x.x) at Anglo-Indian Portal
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

My cache is cleared (and cookies too for that matter) everytime I shut down Firefox, which is at the end of every session. Haven't tried thru IE yet, but will look now…

…and oh dear they show up.

I would hate to have to run this thru IE…

:(

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

A recent change to the Javascript cookie handling may be causing this. Please try the attached new version of the themes/default/templates/JAVASCRIPT.tpl file:
Attachment
» Download: JAVASCRIPT.tpl (26 Kb, 184 downloads so far)

And clear your template cache.

Our apologies for this problem.

Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Chris Graham said

… And clear your template cache.

Ummm, server or browser?? (:$)

(Or how??)

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

In the Tools tab of the Admin Zone, there's a "Cleanup Tools" icon, and one of the cleanup tools is to empty the template cache.

Alternatively, if you are logged in, just hold down the ctrl+alt+shift keys together and click your browsers refresh button.

Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Thanks!!

That works (I guess you knew it would…):P

Back to the top

1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: