HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS, which is now in beta. ocPortal 9 will be superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

OCP 3.1.0 Bugs

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:
#28144 (In Topic #6479)

Fan in action

Hi

Is this a bug or a mistake by me : IM works on FireFox but not on IE, same problem like my old problem, i click on start conversation and nothing happens.
The same problem in Chat, i type a text (and press enter of course) and nothing happens, maybe anybody know this problem and can help me, have best thanks

PS: I titled it "OCP 3.1.0 Bugs" because i want to add all my problems / bugs found in here. I think this is better than starting everytime a new topic for a new problem.

EDIT 1 - Problem "fixed"

The Problem was that i used FireFox for one user und IE for the other user (for different logins) to test the chat.
If i use only ONE browser und use the SU function does it work. thanks anyway.

EDIT 2 - IE 7.0 doesnt work

In FireFox it works great, but it doesnt work with the new IE 7.0 …
What is the best browser for ocp?
i mean ok everbody could use firefox, but then the flashing and the sound (IM) doesnt work -.-

Last edit: by Me2006
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

What isn't working in IE7? Various people have been using this, and we've fixed some problems, but as far as I'm aware (and in my experience), things now run smoothly with it.

Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

i click on start conversation and nothing happens.
a nother example is if i type in a text in a chat room and press enter, the big chat field is still empty.
But if i go to the chat with Firefox, i can see the text i entered with IE.
I tried to refresh the site (in IE) but the big chat field is still empty, so its not a post problem, its a "show" problem. The Shoutbox works fine.

The IM is a "show" problem too i think, there i cant see the im window.

EDIT :
I took a look in Error log, there is one message:
 Call to undefined function check_chatroom_access() in /site/pages/modules/chat.php on line 299

Last edit: by Me2006
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Hi,

I've just run a test on IE7 and ocPortal 3.1 and didn't get any problems. I'm not sure what's going on here, but technically the error you received in the error log isn't possible from ocPortal's code. I'm not sure if a file is corrupt (sources/chat.php, perhaps), because it seems unlikely that it could corrupt yet not wreck the whole system. So I'm afraid I don't have any definite answers for you.

Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

ahh i have an idea… mybe the problems are, because i updated from the unoffical version 3.0.18 to ne newest 3.1.00
i think i try to re-install the full ocp.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

ok, now it works…
I think it was the problem because the 3.0.18 version…

But I have still a question:
Is there anywhere a full description what lowrange, midrange and highrange means?
For example i know "bypass validator for midrange" is for the forum. But there is more than only the forum permission as "midrange" i think.
thanks for all

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Low: forum posts, cedi posts, calendar events

Mid: download, iotd, poll, banner, catalogue entry, authors, forum topics

High: current iotd, current poll, quizzes/surveys/competitions, comcode pages

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Thanks. I've been after that for a while now, but previously you've only commented on specifically mentioned items.

Is there a way to turn CEDI posts into a 'mid-range' without breaking anything?

:thumbs:

Take my advice. I'm not using it!

View my working ocPortal site (version 9.x.x) at Anglo-Indian Portal
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

There's no need to. You can override any of the low/mid/high settings on a per-module basis using the Permission Tree Editor. So if you want to make an exception so that CEDI posts to have the same access as your globally defined mid-range permissions, just override the CEDI module so it as such.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Thanks for clearing that up.

Checked the permissions then did an 'SU' trawl as a Guest and as a registered member on my site and found that I'd already set up 'blocks' to CEDI pages I didn't want touched.

Must have been advice received from previous thread(s) or, dare I say it, worked it out for myself in the early days!?!

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Hello hello, Zilly Frawg strikes again …

I've been fighting the permission tree editor for weeks. And gave up in the end.
When on the permission tree editor page, have some text on top, on the right a pull down list for member groups.
Below this, the tree itself.

Permissions shown by the tree are very different to what has been set up with the specific permissions thing. Typically, have a little rectangle with three white dots, mouse over says "read-only access", and a green square next to it, mouse over saying "view access". What these two refer to i don't know. I'd have thought view access and read-only meant the same thing.
Have the + and - signs in front of the entries, looks like an arbo tree ok. Expand a +, sub level appears. With the same dots and squares. Click on an entry, and the permissions for selection box arrives at the bottom of the page. This consists in a list of user groups in the left column, and a "view access" tick box in the right column.

No way to set anything else than view access.
What exactly is the use of this thing ???

www.precorp.fr

Last one to leave the country, please turn off the lights.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

What these two refer to i don't know. I'd have thought view access and read-only meant the same thing.

These are the quick presets, that change the settings to the right en-masse when used. They are only tools within the editor, not actual settings.

Certain nodes in the tree do have specific-permission override ability. Specifically pages and categories underneath pages.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

have thanks chris!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Chris Graham said

These are the quick presets, that change the settings to the right en-masse when used. They are only tools within the editor, not actual settings.

Certain nodes in the tree do have specific-permission override ability. Specifically pages and categories underneath pages.
Hmmm.
Yesterday I thought this thing was beyong my reach. Now I'm sure.
Unless this permissions tree is absolutely necessary to run an ocp site, i'll just forget about it.
Thanks for trying.

www.precorp.fr

Last one to leave the country, please turn off the lights.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Attachment
Site Permissions - How they work
» Download: Permissions_Master.doc (369 Kb, 287 downloads so far)

moimaim said

Hello hello, Zilly Frawg strikes again …

I've been fighting the permission tree editor for weeks. And gave up in the end.
When on the permission tree editor page, have some text on top, on the right a pull down list for member groups.
Below this, the tree itself.

Permissions shown by the tree are very different to what has been set up with the specific permissions thing. Typically, have a little rectangle with three white dots, mouse over says "read-only access", and a green square next to it, mouse over saying "view access". What these two refer to i don't know. I'd have thought view access and read-only meant the same thing.
Have the + and - signs in front of the entries, looks like an arbo tree ok. Expand a +, sub level appears. With the same dots and squares. Click on an entry, and the permissions for selection box arrives at the bottom of the page. This consists in a list of user groups in the left column, and a "view access" tick box in the right column.

What exactly is the use of this thing ???

This took me quite a long time to get my head around it. So you are not alone. However I found the only way I could get it sorted out was to write about it so I did the attached document which is a bit rough in some areas but might help you to come to grips with the Permissions Tree Editor which is one of the most key functional tools in the system (In my view)…

What is particularly good is you can set up your group permissions in one place to cover all the various areas that you have turned on. The document was really to try and get on top of forum permissions for both myself and other forum admins as that is where a lot of the permission is required.

The rectangular thingies you talk about are traffic lights that's all. They tell you if all permissions are granted or some or a mix. They are only an nice to have indicator and do nothing. What does do something is the x in the check boxes. You get those wrong and yr forums or site will not do what you expect it to… The key check box is the first one. The one that says VIEW. If that is unchecked you wont see the page or forum or feature unless you are an admin.

Take a look over the document and then also go to the site documentation. The software here is the best software for developing a site without being a Microsoft .net coder so the alternative is learn to be a programmer. Hope this helps you in some way. It does take time to get into the software because it is so vast and if you do a bit at a time you will get there.  :thumbs:

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Thanks OneRingRules.

That's printed off and is sitting with the rest of my 'Idiot-Guides' as a quick-reference document.

:thumbs:

Back to the top

1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: