You tried to upload a file that was too large
How did this happen?
The file is larger than either:
- the PHP 'post_max_size' setting
- the PHP 'upload_max_filesize' setting
- the website's setting for the maximum file size
- the website's setting for the maximum image size (if it is an image)
- your remaining quota space
How do I fix it?
Go to the Admin Zone, then the Setup section, then the Configuration icon, then the Security options, then the 'Upload' section. You will see the PHP and website settings laid out here. If you need the PHP options changed you can likely use a php.ini
file to do it – see the FAQ
It is unlikely you are being affected by a quota restriction, as by-default staff do not have any quota restrictions. You can see quotas when editing usergroups.
Was I helpful?
- If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
- If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
- If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
- If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.