ocPortal is trying to write some files and it does not have access to them.
How did this happen?
To access files for writing ocPortal needs the server to be configured as 'suEXEC' or it needs to be able to use an FTP
connection to do the work. Neither of these options are available.Note that this advice is not relevant for Windows servers.
How do I fix it?
Consult with your web host. Let them know you need either:
- PHP to have the FTP extensions enabled, and an FTP server to be running
- suEXEC to be enabled (this is a major change for a web host to implement but ocProducts strongly recommend it)
Was I helpful?
- If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
- If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
- If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
- If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.