ocPortal has a file from a v3.x.x version that is executing when you try and load up your menus. The file does not work in newer versions of ocPortal, causing this error.
How did this happen?
You have recently upgraded but didn't go through the last steps in the upgrade process.
How do I fix it?
- Return to the upgrader tool (the /upgrade.php script on your server).
- When you login make sure to give your FTP details, as an FTP connection will be needed.
- Run the file integrity check.
- Make sure to delete any of the files that were automatically ticked for deletion, especially the sources/hooks/systems/do_next_menus/adv_comcode.php file which causes this error.
Was I helpful?
- If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
- If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
- If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
- If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.