HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS, which is now in beta. ocPortal 9 will be superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

Error 197: Permission denied

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:
#60523 (In Topic #13144)

Fan in training

I received this error today and was unable to find reference to it in the forum. I don't know if this is the right section to post this.

316: Permission denied for <x0y0 - the web starts here.> to get property Window.iframe_under from <robsbest.com>.
http://topsequence.com/robsbest.com/themes/default/templates_cached/EN/javascript.js

Any idea what this is referring to? I am still new to ocPortal and somewhat new to web hosting.

Thanks,
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in training

also this message. same error…

197: Permission denied for <x0y0 - the web starts here.> to get property Window.getWindowHeight from <robsbest.com>.
http://topsequence.com/robsbest.com/themes/default/templates_cached/EN/javascript.js
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in training

OK weird. I see one error message, grab and copy the text and the text that appears is different than what I grabbed. Here is a screen grab of the error message I get prior to it transmogrifying into the other message posted on my prior posts.

if you do not see the link go to http://www.robsbest.com/error_316.jpg for the graphic screen grab
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in training

this is line 316 in file javasctipr.js

{if(!minHeight)minHeight=0;var frame_element=document.getElementById(name);var frame_window;if(top.frames[name])frame_window=top.frames[name];else if(typeof window.frames[name]!='undefined')frame_window=window.frames[name];else return;if((frame_element)&&(frame_window)&&(frame_window.document)&&(frame_window.document.body))

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Hi,

It sounds like you're not using the correct base URL you put in when you installed. In fact, I'm sure, as the errors show one URL, but you're screenshot is hosted on another.

However ocPortal should be telling you this is happening in a big warning right at the top.

Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: