Your error seems to match a known and fixed bug in ocPortal (Error posting in news, on some sites).
How did this happen?
The bug description is as follows…
If you post news and:
- Do not have a member named 'test'
- And, do not allow guest access to the news page / category you posted in
Then you will see an error message:
"Undefined variable: has_member_category_access"
Although your news will be posted correctly.
How do I fix it?
A hotfix is available under issue #1496
Was I helpful?
- If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
- If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
- If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
- If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.