HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS, which is now in beta. ocPortal 9 will be superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

7.1.3 upgrade

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:
#72560 (In Topic #15218)

Well-settled

I have just upgraded our site but it still tells me that it is version 7.1.1 is there aw ay to fix it without going to the databse or are all the files that need to uploaded get upladed ? I think it says 255 files that get changed.Slav
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

The version number comes out of sources/version.php. I'm not sure what would have gone wrong. What version were you upgrading from? I'd have another shot at getting a copy of the upgrade TAR.

Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

Well in the admin section says I am running version 7.1.3 and its all up to date.
I was looking at the upgrade script. I think I over thought it personally and really.
As per this image, maybe after you upgrade the info re update should disappear… I was looking at the databse saying its 7.1 and thats where I went wrong and seeing the upgrade stuff above after doing it.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Ah I see. ocPortal only versions it's database like 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, etc. So 7.1.3 does run on 7.1 database, from this perspective.

Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

yep but I think if its up to date maybe the info above about the upgrade should go.. Casue looking at it makes me think it still needs updating when in the upgrader. In the sense that the new version info should be gone cause you're up to date. Hard to explain… Only because it was until I logged back into the admin section I worked it out I upgraded.. The info where it says version 7.1.3 is now released…. etc.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

It's driven by the news_id=… bit that is there when you first open the upgrader from the link in the Admin Zone. I'll change it so that is stripped out after the TAR extract step happens.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

Thanks, I think its a good idea to do that.... It just makes it cleaner especially after the upgrade....
Back to the top

1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: