HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS, which is now in beta. ocPortal 9 will be superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

500 error

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:
#54932 (In Topic #11960)

Community saint

I am getting a 500 Internal server error :( I don't even know where to start looking. It was working just fine and suddenly quit. I changed nothing. I was viewing the site when it went down. Went to go from one page to the next and got the 500.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

I got an email this morning telling me there was a hacking attempt. Comment spammer....site was still fine after that but did they come and try again?

Last edit: by Brian Hay
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

I just tried to set up a temporary redirect to my other site and got this message. Could that have anything to do with anything?

cPanel said

Apache detected an error in the Rewrite config.

Syntax error on line 7 of /home/xxxxx/public_html/spyderhoe.ca/.htaccess.LnY1ViQW3ip9
u96cf7P6dIVIlxVnbU7d:
RewriteRule: bad flag delimiters

Please try again.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

I got it!!  :) !

It was in my .htaccess file. For some reason when I banned that ip on the server level from cPanel it added deny from 91.214.45.89 at the very end instead of where it is supposed to be…..I'm getting things figured out  :lol:
Back to the top

There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: