HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS, which is now in beta. ocPortal 9 will be superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

4.1.4 to 4.2 error

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:
#47284 (In Topic #10301)

Community saint

Has to do with uninstalled modules again...

Hi everyone,
Just had this when upgrading a 4.1.4 install to 4.2.B.
Had removed a few modules, as you can see…
What should I do ? Add the missing modules, or remove all hooks ?

Expand: Error Error

www.precorp.fr

Last one to leave the country, please turn off the lights.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Hi,

I reckon there is some code in your HEADER template causing it, something like:

Code

{+START,IF,{$CONFIG_OPTION,is_on_banners}}
{+END}

Stripping out that code and anything else there relating to banners should do the trick.

Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Thx ;)

I deleted from header.tpl the lump you suggested to remove in your fixed width updated tutorial.
Site is opening now, but this is what I get :

Strange.

Did exactly the same thing on another site a couple of days ago (4.1.4 to 4.2b), fixed width as well and all went fine.
But the last one didn't have an extra language installed.
Could it be the language again ?

EDIT
If it can help, this is what I get in:

Expand: Check missing/excess permissions: Check missing/excess permissions:

Expand: File integrity scan: File integrity scan:

I'm a bit lost there.
That's a lot of files. Seems it worked before, are these lists important ?
This was a very recent install, barely added anything except the language files, 2 pieces of news, and a box of text.
(and followed tutorial to have fixed width).

Last edit: by moimaim

www.precorp.fr

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Hi,

It looks like the CSS isn't loading. In this kind of situation I'd do the following to diagnose it:
  • Open up the HTML source
  • Go down to where it references global.css
  • Copy and paste the URL to global.css into a new tab
You'll probably either see a 404 error (file missing) or a permission denied error.

If it's a 404 error, check the permissions on the directory the global.css is meant to be in (something like themes/sometheme/templates_cached/FR). The directory needs to be world-writeable.
I realise that the permissions check you posted does not indicate a problem, so if this turns out to be the problem you've found a bug.
Another possibility is if the directory doesn't exist - if so, create it with world-writeable permission.

If it's a permission denied error, try turning world execute permission on for the directory.

The file integrity log is interesting. If you're not having problems I wouldn't worry much. It looks like the entries in there largely fall into 3 camps:
  • files you've placed yourself (so you know what they are, all's good)
  • looks like you replaced some addon_registry files but not the other files in the addons. This rings a bell, I remember we've talked about uninstalled addons before so it might relate to that. It's best if you remove any addon registry files referencing addons that aren't installed, otherwise certain areas of the system could potentially malfunction.
  • it looks like possibly data/files.dat is an old version and reporting problems that aren't real. It's a bit ironic really, as it is files.dat defines what are the latest file versions. Nothing to worry about I think.

Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Me again
File was not missing, and had correct permissions.
Restored the 4.1.4 backup;
now comcode pages won't edit.
I give up.

www.precorp.fr

Back to the top

There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: