HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS, which is now in beta. ocPortal 9 will be superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.


(v9 bug?) Non-Links catalogue formatting of URL's issue

Login / Search

 [ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:
#90145 (In Topic #18247)
Avatar

Well-settled

I added the "main_recent_cc_entries" block to my Links page in order to display the 5 most recently added links.

The URL's in the central URL column are being truncated in most cases, and only displaying the very last part of the URL, such as "index.html".  Or if it's a long URL it doesn't wrap within the URL box and both pushes into and overlaps text in the Description box.

There doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the central "URL" column, which doesn't seem needed since the link Titles are displayed as URL links. At least not that I can find.

You can click the link below to go to my site and see what is happening.

http://www.bawiki.com/index.php?page=catalogues&type=index&id=links


Last edit: by D-Train
Back to the top
 
Posted
Rating:
#90291
Avatar

Well-settled

I am bumping this because it seems to be a broader issue of displaying URL's in any non-Links catalogue system.  I added a new catalogue group that also contains links and just like in the "main_recent_cc_entries" block the URL's are only displaying part of the full URL string (always towards the end), and if the URL has a long block of text towards the end the text overflows it's cell  in the table display and overlaps text in the next cell.
Back to the top
 
Posted
Rating:
#90317
Avatar

I think you have set the URL field to be visible in your catalogue. I just ran a test on a default install and there's no links column.

As for showing only 'part' of a link, that's because it displays the filename rather than trying to put out the full URL into a template. However it doesn't do a great job – I think it should grab the HTML <title> of the page, otherwise it needs to remove URL encoding from that part of the link to make it look better. Please try this: 0000788: Catalogue URL fields do not display well - ocPortal feature tracker


Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top
 
1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: