HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS, which is now in beta. ocPortal 9 will be superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.


[SOLVED!] Getting really strange result, hoping for help here!

Login / Search

 [ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:
#90097 (In Topic #18239)
Avatar

Honoured member

Ok, I'm hoping that this one will be as easy for you experts as the last one (Chris solved it in one try!):
on my site, after the welcome page I direct users to the main portal (or page, if you will).  on that page there is a heading, a left panel and a right panel.  If I have absolutely nothing on any of the panels (or I just enter some comcode text), the page renders correctly.
The problem occurs when I try and add a block (side_stored_menu for example) to any of the panels.  I really want the block on the left panel, however if I insert it into the panel and then hit the preview button, it shows up...along with an unformatted version of the block, some other random (???) items (like a search box!?!) and what appears to be a bunch of either HTML or comcode code!?!
If I go back in and edit the page and remove all the garbage, except for the block I want, and hit save...it comes right back -- AND it displays on the page when viewed as a member  :'(
I know this is somewhat vague, but I tried my best to describe the problem as much as I could, so any help or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!
I'm thinking that "here I am, ready to go ahead and set up the main page just the way I want it, with certain blocks in the left panel, the main panel and the right panel..." and now this.  Arrghhhhhh.

I added a picture so you can see what happens when I add a block to a panel.


Last edit: by superiorpyro
Back to the top
 
Posted
Rating:
#90099
Avatar

Honoured member

I may have discovered either a bug, or an issue with my machine.  I have been using IE9 to do my edits and thats where I got the strange results.
I figured I would try FireFox and sure enough, the edits worked as intended and I didn't get all the garbage characters.

Is there a known issue with IE9?
Back to the top
 
Posted
Rating:
#90104
Avatar

Community saint

Good possible. Think Chris will step in for this..


http://digiflash.nl Photo community  (dutch)
Back to the top
 
Posted
Rating:
#90111
Avatar

Hmm, are you sure it wasn't IE10? This happened with IE10 recently and there is a bug fix in the bugs directory for it.

I suppose it is possible that affects IE9 too, but nobody reported that until now.


Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top
 
1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: