HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS, which is now in beta. ocPortal 9 will be superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

[RESOLVED] - 902 - Link Image 'incompatibility'

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:
#92633 (In Topic #18572)

Community saint

Is this by design, or is my installation 'borked' in some way?

In case the attachment isn't clear enough, the little wiki-style link image appears to have a mind of its own. Even though the url-link is composed in the same manner for each …

:thumbs:

Last edit: by Fletch

Take my advice. I'm not using it!

View my working ocPortal site (version 9.x.x) at Anglo-Indian Portal
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Couple of things…

1) What user is the owner of that page (it's on the edit screen, and you can change it)? It seems the Comcode is not being interpreted with admin privileges, meaning BASE_URL is not resolving.

2) In the default CSS we have:

Code

body a.link_exempt, body link_exempt_wrap a, body a[href*=".php"] {
      background-image: none;
      padding: 0px;
   }
but you seem to be missing the padding.

Resolving '1' will "fix" '2' because the link will stop opening in a new window once admin privileges to the Comcode are restored. However, the CSS rule we have here is supposed to turn off the "new window" icon for URLs containing ".php" because usually in ocPortal those are used for system pages which we feel don't warrant those icons (I should document that in the CSS…).

Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

1. MY username, and NO it refuses to interpret my username as having Admin privileges in this case.

2. Fixed this arbitrarily. Added the 'padding', but it doesn't fix the issue …!

SO

I cheated. I added the links as absolute URL's with target="_blank" which automatically identified it as a link 'off-site'.

No biggie, but I'm sure it wasn't designed to work that way, however, I can live with it in this particular case.

Consider this closed.

:thumbs:

Take my advice. I'm not using it!

View my working ocPortal site (version 9.x.x) at Anglo-Indian Portal
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

1. Ah, I was wrong on this. It's because of the quote tag, ocPortal removes security permissions within them in case the admin is accidentally quoting someone else's Comcode that might have something malicious in it. There's no need for that when it's not actually quoting anyone in particular, I'll make the restriction narrower.

2. I think the fix did work because when I removed target="_blank" in Chrome's dev tools it still looked okay, so maybe it was a temporary CSS caching issue. I wouldn't worry about it anyway.

Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: